Search This Blog

Friday 23 September 2022

A New Large Evergreen Viburnum odoratissimum ‘Coppertop’


Looks like this is the new hot shrub. I can not believe how like a photinia it appears. The fresh growth is a good rich bronze. It is not as horrendously big as the 5m odoratissimum or green sweet viburnum. Hight wise this shrub is more like growing a Viburnum tinus or a Photina fraseri ‘Red Robin’.

Not only is this new shrub evergreen it has good fragrant white flowers in spring. Though I have only seen pictures and wont be able to photograph it myself until next year.

We don’t know a great deal about it yet in the UK just that it’s tipped to hit the market big time. I believe its hardy, obviously great foliage colour, fragrant blossom and general a great structural evergreen or potential hedging plant. I think it does have great potential and I plan to plant one in my garden and see how it does.