Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 April 2020

Shade Loving Epimediums Make Perfect Ground Cover.

Epimediums thrive in shade.
The leaves are heart shaped and the lime green veining dominated the red tones of the leaf.



Dainty little flowers in a range colours.Orange, pink, red and yellow. I love these exquisite little shade plants. I have them dotted around in all my shady places. They under plant my large red cotinus bush (smoke bush) and blend beautifully with my ferns ,hostas, aquileia, polemonium and candelabra primroses.






Plant them and forget about them under a host of different complimentary shrubs. They look particularly pretty as ground cover under cornus or dog wood.
Mulch around them every spring and autumn if you can and remove any tatty leaves in spring so you can appreciate the new growth and flowers.