Search This Blog

Saturday 7 May 2022

A Pretty Border In My Garden


This is one of my borders.I have both orange and purple tulips in my hot coloured border. See how the orange pop against the Pittosporum dark foliage and the soft telima frothy spikes. There is some apricot huchera foliage in there and a back drop of white hellebores and ferns.

I have just sprinkled in some red poppy seeds for later in the year.
This is actually the grave of our old rusty brown collie hence the colour choices. To the side we grow nandina, yellow euonymus and hypericum. On the shady side I have been under planted a red berberis with epimedium, my favourite shady ground cover. All the shady pocked spaces in this border are filled with purple phaeum geraniumns a shade lover.

This border gets sun and partial shade throughout the day.