February Gardener’s Calendar
- Continue to prepare ground with soil conditioners muck etc.
- Begin planting your veg and flower seeds.
- Plant large structural items such as trees, fruit trees and large shrubs.
- Pop in some spring bedding for colour primroses, pansies, potted bulbs.
- Reorganize your garden and fill any gaps with container grown plants.
- Get organized to buy your Seed potatoes, onions,shallots arriving this month.
- Plant your raspberry canes.
- You can plant Bareroot hedging now. There is an excellent choice of beech, hornbeam, mixed hedging etc but it needs to be transplanted before the weather warms up.
- There is also a large choice of container grown and bareroot evergreen hedging that can be planted now.Mixed evergreen hedges can look lovely.